Friday, March 5, 2010

China Glaze Happy Go Lucky and Konad Success!

I decided that I love yellow, that being said, I have yet to find a yellow polish that was not a royal PITA to apply. While I LOVE the color of Happy Go Lucky, it was thick and difficult for me to work with. I was disappointed because I  read so many other blogger's posts about what a great formula this was and it was so easy for them to apply. I used 3 coats and there were still a few nails that did not look even to me. I'm going to try to add some Seche Restore to it and see if that improves the application. The color is so pretty I think it's worth a try.

Also, I decided to try my Konad stuff again. I did order some of the special polishes to see if they worked better and I'm to say that it was my first Konad success! Granted I only did it on my thumbs but I was so pleased that I was able to get the image onto the stamper and then onto my nails. I do still think it's a lot of work, but maybe with practice it will get easier for me.

 
The yellow is taxi cab yellow. I love that it is so different from all of the pastel yellows out right now.


 
**Ta-Da**      My first successful Konad stamp!

I also took advantage of yesterday being the last day to order Konad stuff with a discount code so I'm looking forward to playing around with stamping a bit more when they arrive.

Short  but sweet post for you today. Have a great Friday night!

10 comments:

  1. That Konad stamp looks perfect! Good job. I love that yellow too. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Skulda, that konad is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am fan of yellow and black so i thing that you did the best for the yummy yellow nailpolish, i love konad nails

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. You did great. Glad you got in on the "last day coupon " thingy. I did too.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome job!! I love yellows

    ReplyDelete
  6. yellow! yellow! yellow! YAY! I'm so excited for all the yellows this season! I just can't get enough. I've gotten every yellow I can get my hands on

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!

    My co-blogger, Mari, had this color on last week. She had the same bad time applying this color. I was there and saw the mess. However, once its all cleaned up it really is a nice yellow!

    And OMG I just realized that you have a song playing on your blog. I just stopped posting here and went crazy trying to figure out where it was coming from. I was just yelling at my laptop: "iTunes is CLOSED! WHY ARE YOU PLAYING MUSIC!" LOL!

    -Lissi
    Nail Addicts Anonymous
    http://nailaddictsanonymous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. skulda, angel, sunshine, mrs. halimah, lissi, nikki - thanks girls!

    beauty editor - i think it's a great color combo too!

    scandalous - can't wait to see your comparison swatches!

    ReplyDelete