Monday, February 22, 2010

OPI My Private Jet Original Holo Version (evilbay purchase)

So, I purchased the MPJ polish at a random beauty supply store in a mall and while I liked the color I was definitely not impressed with the holographic shimmer. I was still happy I purchased it and I wore it for 5 days ( umm that's a long time for me)

I read on several blogs about the differences between the new release and the original release and decided I would try to acquire an older version. I found a listing on ebay for what the seller said was an original version of this polish. The price was $19.95, free shipping (umm not really free because the polish is $20?) whatever, I ordered it. And I can definitely say that there IS a difference in the formula. I don't have a picture of the new MPJ on my nails but here are the pictures of the "old" MPJ that I got on evilbay...

                            Right away I could see the difference in the polish by looking at the bottle.....

 
Please pardon tip wear....

 
Blurred to show the holo shimmer awesomeness.


Final words on this polish: I'm glad I bought it, inflated price and all. It is beautiful, it goes with everything, it is my go to color. I don;t know if I'd pay more than $20 for it... 

Do any of you have both versions? Do you think there is a huge difference in the two? Would you pay $20 for the original version?

3 comments:

  1. I have the original, and two other versions. I think they all have their own merits, and I wouldn't trade a single one, although. the "original" is by far my favorite

    ReplyDelete